Monday, May 21, 2007

Macro outing

Yesterday went to Tasek for a macro outing with the gang. I should have brought a proper macro but in the end just brought the Tamron 28-300mm f4.0-6.3 Macro. Unfortunately the macro is only 1:2.9 but I am quite happy with the results bearing in mind the limitations of the lens.

"Small Dragon"
ISO100 1/250s f/6.3 300mm
Chased this critter in Tasek, managed to get a decent shot of it in the end before I slid downhill heheh good thing nobody saw me.

"Fiery ant"
ISO100 1/30sec f/4.5 65mm [Extension tube]
I borrowed Aku's extension tube for this one (thanks man). It was quite hard to get used to, not sure if I'll get one myself.

"Beach crawlers"
ISO100 1/30sec f7.1 300mm
Lastly, there were lots of these small crabs around Penanjong beach yesterday. Very fast. Very.. In the end decided to stay put and let them come to me. I had one facing me but it was out of focus. I think this guy was ready to run away again!

No comments: